Welcome to our new Deputy Administrator
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Steve Anderson as the new Deputy Administrator of the Fund. His legal background and his experience in local governance and transportation issues constitute a valuable addition to our team.
Mr. Anderson will be featured in our next newsletter, so make sure to subscribe for more details about his nomination at www.fraidg.gc.ca/en/fraidg-distribution-list-form.
FAREWELL TO OUR OUTGOING ADMINISTRATOR
It is with both sadness and gratitude that we must announce that Anne Legars left her functions at the expiry of her mandate as Administrator of the Fund after seven years of leadership.
Mark Gauthier will be the Administrator until a new person is selected for the role.
Please join us in congratulating Anne on her leadership and dedicated service over the past seven years.
Here is a quick overview of her major achievements:
- Built the Fund from the ground up, including the corporate structure of the Fund.
- Created a strategic plan to help our team stay the course, using the following orientations:
- Increase access to justice for claimants;
- Develop an efficient and transparent organization, agile and structured;
- Build a professional team linked to a web of expertise.
- Focused on the Fund’s preparedness to handle a high volume of claims by:
- Building a network of key stakeholders and payers;
- Engaging with federal entities and national associations;
- Selecting an external claims assessment services provider;
- Developing a communications protocol;
- Hosting scenario-based training, and
- Researching new fields of law.
Here is a message from Anne:
“In 2016, I was appointed as the Administrator of the Fund. The Fund had just been created as a result of the Lac-Mégantic railway disaster. Everything had to be built from the ground up. I feel privileged to have been part of its story.
I am mostly proud of leaving to my successors an organization that has gained internal capacity and expertise, and a wonderful staff willing to keep improving and developing the organization further for the benefit of the public.
I am confident that under Mark’s leadership and this team, the upcoming year will see ongoing progress in the delivery of the Fund’s mandate.”
If you wish to send a farewell message to Anne, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.