Filing a Claim
Since the creation of the Fund, no railway accident has triggered our mandate.
In the event of a major train accident, a new web page will be created.
- Claimants will find information on the compensation process.
How does compensation work for victims?
- Claimants send their claim to the responsible railway company;
- That company compensates claimants until it reaches its insurance limit of liability;
- Claimants who did not receive compensation send their claims to us;
- We will cover all remaining claims.
To be on the safe side, be sure to file your claim within three years of the damage you suffered.
Draft Claims Manual